Mommy makeover in Salt Lake City
Although pregnancy and breastfeeding are some of the most beautiful parts of motherhood, afterward it’s common to feel self-conscious and dissatisfied with the way your body looks. It’s likely you have more than one area you’d like to rejuvenate. 22 Plastic Surgery offers a solution through cosmetic surgery. To help women renew their bodies and their confidence, Our doctors perform mommy makeovers for Salt Lake City, Murray, Sandy, and Midvale residents and visitors.
What is a mommy makeover?
A mommy makeover is a combination procedure, customized to restore and rejuvenate your body after the changes caused by pregnancy and childbirth. During a mommy makeover, 2-3 or more procedures are usually performed in the same surgical session, addressing multiple areas you want to improve and enhance.
A mommy makeover commonly addresses the breasts, abdomen, bottom, labia, fat deposits, a prominent C-section scar, and skin changes. Dr. Reuben will consult with you ahead of time and examine your figure to understand what you would like to target during your mommy makeover to help you feel confident and at peace with your figure as a mother.
What procedures are included in a mommy makeover?
22 Plastic Surgery performs mommy makeover procedures in an accredited hospital or surgical facility as an outpatient procedure or with a brief hospital stay. Depending on the procedures chosen, the surgery can take from 2 to 5 hours to complete.
22 Plastic Surgery personalizes each mommy makeover to the patient’s desired improvements. Because pregnancy and childbirth affect similar areas, mommy makeovers typically include a combination of the following procedures:
- Breast augmentation restores lost breast volume or fills out naturally small breasts.
- Breast lift reshapes lax breasts and reduces enlarged nipples.
- Tummy tuck firms and flattens the abdomen by removing stretched, wrinkled skin and excess fat and repairing separated abdominal muscles, if necessary.
- Liposuction sculpts the waist, hips, thighs, and other areas where stubborn fat has collected.
- Labiaplasty rejuvenates enlarged or torn labia.
- Brazilian butt lift transfers unwanted in an area of the body into the buttocks, achieving a curving, shapely contour.
A range of other surgeries or treatments can be performed as a part of a mommy makeover, including facial surgeries such as a brow lift or blepharoplasty, or non-surgical treatments, including injectables and laser treatments.
Together you and your plastic surgeon will choose the procedures that will help you get back to your pre-pregnancy shape. While it might not be possible to completely erase the changes from pregnancy, in many ways you could look better than before.
What are the benefits of a mommy makeover?
Benefits vary depending on what procedures each patient has performed. Generally, benefits include:
- More youthful, rounded, and appealing breasts
- Tight, flat abdominal contours
- A more proportionate, youthful figure
- An overall restoration and enhancement of the female physique
- Less time under anesthesia to achieve your aesthetic goals
- One recovery period for multiple surgeries
- More affordable than having the procedures performed separately
- Improved self-confidence and greater happiness with your figure as a mother
Am I a candidate for a mommy makeover?
A mommy makeover is a custom combination of plastic surgery procedures that are performed at once to renew women’s bodies after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. Ideal candidates a mommy makeover in Salt Lake City at 22 Plastic Surgery should meet the following qualifications:
- Are in good physical condition
- Are at or near their ideal weight
- Do not plan to have more children
- Have realistic expectations about their results
A mommy makeover is an ideal procedure for patients who would like to address a combination of the following concerns:
- Loose, stretched skin
- Loss of breast volume
- Drooping or sagging breasts
- Overly large breasts
- Stretched abdominal muscles
- A prominent cesarean scar
- Stretch marks
- Torn, enlarged, stretched labia
- And other changes after pregnancy and childbirth
What can I expect during recovery?
You will need help for the first week or so after your mommy makeover, especially if your children are young. Arrange for someone to take care of any heavy lifting or strenuous work, including caring for your children.
Recovery time depends on a variety of factors, including your individual healing rate and the specific procedures performed. By strictly following the restrictions you are given in terms of lifting and other activities, you will allow your body to heal as rapidly as possible and minimize the possibility of complications.
To help minimize swelling and to ensure your body heals well in its new contours, you will wear pressure bandages. Depending on which procedures you have for your mommy makeover, you may also have drains placed. These will be removed in 3-4 days.
Final results will be visible within 3-6 months after surgery. You will be able to fully enjoy a beautiful, feminine physique, restored curves, tight abdominal contours, and a lifted, appealing appearance.
Why Choose 22 Plastic Surgery for my mommy makeover?
At 22 Plastic Surgery, you are in the expert hands of Dr. Brian Reuben, a board-certified, highly experienced plastic surgeon. His understanding, compassionate patient care and stellar, nuanced outcomes have earned him a reputation as a leader in his field. His background in medicine, plastic and reconstructive surgery and microsurgery gives him a unique advantage as a plastic surgeon. He is an ideal choice for women who will only trust their figure to the very best. Call today for a consultation about your mommy makeover with Dr. Reuben.