Stubborn pockets of fat: Most of us have them, and most of us also have trouble reducing them. Sometimes, even with eating a balanced diet and exercising regularly, those pesky pockets won’t slim down. Does this sound all too familiar? 22 Plastic Surgery offers a safe, effective solution—liposuction—at our Midvale practice. In Salt Lake City and surrounding areas, 22 Plastic Surgery is a top choice for women and men who want to look and feel their best.
If you want to learn more about liposuction in Midvale, Utah, and how it can lead to smooth and beautiful body contours, you can request a consultation online or call our office at (801) 937-9650. We and his staff are eager to meet you and help you on your aesthetic journey.
The women and men who visit 22 Plastic Surgery for liposuction from nearby areas including Murray, Sandy, and Draper, UT, want to look more attractive and feel more confident. Generally, our liposuction candidates:
- Have localized deposits of fat despite dieting and exercise
- Desire a more sculpted physique
- Wish to improve their proportions
- Can enhance their body image through re-contouring
Types of Liposuction
22 Plastic Surgery offers a variety of liposuction methods to treat a range of patients. They include:
- Traditional liposuction: In this popular procedure, your surgeon makes small incisions and inserts a thin metal surgical tube called a cannula, which they use to break apart targeted fat before suctioning it out.
- Power-assisted liposuction (PAL): In this enhancement to the traditional approach, the cannula vibrates to automatically break fat apart, making removal quicker and easier.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL): This enhancement sends ultrasound vibrations through the cannula to liquefy the fat before its removal. This approach generally causes less bleeding and hastens recovery, although experiences vary.
- Liposculpture: This method enhances traditional liposuction with careful sculpting of the remaining fat that is left behind to fine-tune contours.
When you come to 22 Plastic Surgery for a personal consultation, we will assess which method can best help you achieve your desires based on your body. In some cases, we may recommend other body procedures, such as tummy tuck surgery or options for surgery after weight loss that might be appropriate for you.
The 22 Plastic Surgery Difference
Before your procedure, we will work with you to determine the appropriate liposuction method for you. To begin, we will create tiny incisions in the targeted area. Then, using either the traditional, power assisted, ultrasound assisted or liposculpture method, we will reduce the areas of unwanted fat. By using very thin cannulas, we are able to achieve a smooth, sculpted look without excessive bruising and swelling. Once the areas are contoured, your incision will be closed and you will be given a compression garment to wear to help maintain your new body shape.
What to Expect Afterward
After your liposuction procedure, you can return home. While experiences vary, most patients only need about 4 days off before returning to work and resuming light activities. Most of our patients have a fairly straightforward recovery with minimal bruising and swelling. It is best to take about 4 weeks off from strenuous physical activity.